What is a Datacenter?
A data center or computer room is a facility or room used to house mission critical computer systems and associated components for companies and organizations. It generally includes environmental controls (air conditioning, fire suppression, etc.), redundant/backup power supplies, redundant data communications connections and high security, computing hardware, storage devices. A data center can be considered the brain of a company, without it business can cease to communicate, perceive, remember and create. The end result is a business that ceases to function.
The main goal of Kernel is to help customers achieve lower TCO, business continuity and optimize the Data Center with products, technologies, professional services, better resource utilization, improved management, throughout the entire life of the products in the Data Center.
Datacenters are housing complex IT infrastructures, critical business application and maybe one the most important assets of a company; the business data.
At Kernel we believe in the power of partnership and this fact allows us, together with our partner ecosystem to provide to you a complete portfolio of solutions:
- Infrastructure - The infrastructure represent the foundation of the datacenter and comprise the following elements: the building that is housing the data center, the power supply, cooling, ventilation, environment control, ups and emergency power generation, structured cabling, optics, fire protection and alarm, physical security, access control.
- Networking Solution - High speed and low latency communication is essential for enabling the datacenter to perform to its maximum performance parameters. Using our partnerships with top vendors and our broad experience we ensure that each solution is tailored to the specific needs of each customer.
- Security Solutions - For a company confidentiality integrity and availability of its data and information are vital to preserve competitive advantage, intellectual propriety, reputation and ensure profitability and growth.
- Server Infrastructure- The decision makers need a constant input of processed information in order to define the business strategy of the company. The server infrastructure must be design having in mind the performance, expandability, density, power consumption and heat dissipation. Kernel has a full portfolio of solutions from top vendors starting with stand-alone servers up to blade enclosure and HPC infrastructures.
- Storage Infrastructure - In order to be processed, the information must be stored in a way to facilitate the efficient access for retrieval, update or erase. As more the IT technology is progressing the companies want to work with information stored in various formats starting from plain text, databases ending up with pictures and video streams. This trend is putting pressure on the storage solutions that must be capable to increase the amount of data that they can store and in the same time boosting the performance while lowering the latency and power consumption. At Kernel we have a full suite of storage solution starting from Direct attached storage (DAS) Network attached storages (NAS) , Storage area networks (SAN) up to high end storage solution.
- Virtualization Solutions - Virtualization is an extraordinary innovation that is enabling the companies to take advantage of the ever increasing power of computing hardware by allowing the physical servers to be partitioned in multiple virtual instances, ensuring proper utilization of the resources available while reducing the costs.
- Business Applications - Ensure that the employees can gather, process and share information with coworkers, partners and customers. Couple of examples we can mention ERP ( enterprise resource planned ), CRM ( customer relationship manager ), Web Portals, Public sector applications, Financial applications, Training applications.
Datacenter - Site Infrastructure Tier Standards